BECOME A MONTHLY GIVER…
MAKE A DONATION TO IEF SCHOLARSHIP FUND
A scholarship can be a tribute, a testament, or a torch to inspire, memorialize, commemorate or reward. A scholarship is a chance. A scholarship can help fund a dream and you can be part of making that dream come true.
The Illuminators Educational Foundation would like to thank you in advance for your generous tax deductible donation!
WHY become an IEF Monthly Scholarship Donor . . .
The Illuminators Educational Foundation Awards a minimum of $150,000 annually to retailers,
vendors and associates within the grocery Industry
Twelve $1,000 scholarships are presented to the California Grocers Association to award
Thirteen $1,000 scholarships are awarded in support of the WAFC Community College program and other community college applicants
Your donations will help in many ways, here’s how!
• $30.00 monthly donation = $360 annually
Times 3 donors = Contributes a $1,000 Scholarship
• $40.00 monthly donation = $480 annually
Times 2 donors = Contributes a $1,000 Scholarship
• $85.00 monthly donation = $1,000 annually
You will be recognized (with your approval) to be listed as an annual doner on the IEF website
• OTHER – Please enter ANY amount you choose to donate as a monthly recurring donation (minimum $25.00)
Your monthly contribution would be incremental, in support of the IEF scholarship programs!
WAYS TO GIVE TO THE ILLUMINATORS EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
Help change the lives of deserving students with a future gift
There are many options available to leave a legacy with a planned gift.
A planned gift is any major gift, made in lifetime or at death as part of a donor’s overall financial and/or estate planning.
The most common form of planned gift is a bequest from a Will or Trust
• Bequests may be a fixed amount (ex: $10,000), a percentage (such as 10%) or a remainder after all other specific bequests have been distributed
• Specific property such as residential real estate, may also be used in a charitable bequest
• Bequests of $25,000 or more may be used to create an endowed scholarship in your name
• Sample language to add a bequest to a Will or Trust: “I/We give and bequeath $xxx,xxx (or ___% of my/our estate) to The Illuminators Educational Foundation, a California 501c3 non-profit organization. EIN# 51-0618288.
Planned Gifts may offer significant tax advantages to you or your heirs.
Some options with tax benefits include:
• Gifting appreciated assets such as shares of stock or a business allows a donor to avoid capital gains tax when the assets are sold
• When deciding which assets to leave to heirs and which assets to leave to charity, choose to make bequests to IEF from retirement plans such as an IRA. Retirement plan gifts are taxable to heirs, but not to charities.
• Gifts from IRA’s also offer immediate tax benefits to donors over age 70½ who may gift a portion of their Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) each year up to $100,000 directly to charity completely tax free.
Some planned gifts even offer a way to increase your income while receiving a charitable deduction! For more information on Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Gift Annuities or any of the options above, contact Linda Spuck, IEF Development Consultant: email@example.com
Memorial and Tribute Gifts:
Make an impact on a deserving student’s life by honoring someone who made an impact on your life.
Endow a Scholarship:
Create a permanent fund with a minimum investment of $25,000 to provide an annual scholarship to a deserving student in your name
IEF is grateful for charitable gifts in support of our scholarships for deserving students from foundations and corporate giving programs and appreciates suggestions of potential funders from our members and friends
Employer Matching Gift:
Many companies offer a program to multiply your impact by matching your charitable gifts.
Many companies, including Kroger, Albertsons, Costco, most banks, and other large corporations will match their employees’ gifts to qualified charitable organizations. Employee matching gift programs provide an opportunity to double your gift and double your impact on the lives of students seeking scholarship assistance from IEF. Some companies also match gifts made by spouses or retirees. Usually matching gifts are made by filling out a simple one-page form or online request.
Please check with your HR or Charitable Giving/Community Grants department for more information. Thank you!
Silent Auction Items:
Donate an item or a unique experience in support of IEF’s silent auctions at the WAFC and CGA gatherings. Your donations matter! Help empower a generation through education.
Please note: Cash donations can be made by selecting the link in the box under the item donation form below.
How you can help:
Donate trips, weekend getaways, electronics, sports outings theme park tickets, jewelry, handbags, wine & gift baskets, gift certificates, cash donations (in the amount of $200 or more please)
Why we need it:
IEF has awarded over $1,000,000 in scholarships to highly deserving students. With your help, we can continue to support higher education!
Please send your item donation to:
Illuminators Educational Foundation
Gloria Grana/Silent Auction
24001 Muirlands Blvd., #244
Lake Forest, CA 92630